Students, graduates and visitors may audit a class on a space-available basis. No academic credit is awarded for audited courses. Those wishing to audit a course may register by adhering to the policy and following the procedures and guidelines listed below:
- Matriculating (B.F.A.) and nonmatriculating (e.g., visitors, CCS graduates) students who wish to audit a class must elect to do so at the time of registration by submitting a completed Audit Registration form, available in the Academic Advising and Registration Office.
- Students electing to audit a class may not register for that class until the first week of class for the semester. Students may not register for a class after the first week of any semester.
- Once the election has been made to audit a class, the student may not change the registration to receive credit for the class.
- Audited courses carry no credit and do not satisfy degree requirements. Upon completion of the course, the audit grade of X will appear on the student’s transcript. (The grade of X is not used in the calculation of cumulative grade point average or course completion rate.)
- Regular tuition rates are charged for audited courses. The refund policy for audited and credit courses is the same and is outlined in the Course Schedule.
- Matriculating (B.F.A.) students are permitted to audit one course each semester during their B.F.A. tenure at College for Creative Studies, with a staff advisor’s approval.
- Nonmatriculating students (visitors, CCS graduates) are limited to three classes per semester.