Eligbility Criteria for CPT
- Junior standing: Completion of all freshman and sophomore courses, including liberal arts requirements.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8.
- Enrollment on a full-time basis for at least one entire academic year (two consecutive semesters).
- You must have a job or internship offer to apply for CPT and the job/internship must relate directly to your College for Creative Studies field of study as an integral part of the established curriculum. This must be verified and approved by your Department Chair.
Your Complete CPT Application Must Include:
- Career Services Internship Approval Form: signed by Department Chair, Associate Dean, Academic Advising, Career Services, and International Student Services.
- Registration of appropriate credit: if your CPT will occur in the summer, you must register the internship course that corresponds to your major. Internship for credit must be authorized by Career Services.
- Degree Audit, confirming Junior standing and 2.8 cumulative gpa
- Current I-20 and I-94.
- Job/Internship Offer Letter.
CPT Application Process
- When you receive a job or internship offer, notify the Director of International Student Services the Assistant Director in Career Services.
- You will work with Career Services to have the internship approved for credit, and you will work with the Director of ISSO to obtain CPT approval and a new I-20.
- The ISSO and Career Services both have paperwork that must be completed, submitted, and approved before you will be able to engage in CPT.
- When your CPT is approved, you will receive a new I-20 listing your employer on page 2.
CPT approval takes time. Please plan accordingly.