ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID
Eligibility for need-based financial aid is determined by an analysis of family resources calculated by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To receive need-based financial assistance from the College for Creative Studies, students must:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be accepted for enrollment in a degree program
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours (for Direct Loans)
- Be registered with Selective Service (or be exempt)
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
- Not owe a refund on previous Title IV funds received or be in default on any federal student loan
For more information, visit www.studentaid.gov
College for Creative Studies also awards scholarships based on merit. Students may qualify for these scholarships based on the strength of their admission composite score (portfolio, GPA and test scores) at the time of admittance to the College. No additional application is required for these scholarships.
Students receiving tuition assistance from their employers will have their tuition scholarship reduced accordingly.
Duration of Eligibility for Undergraduate Students
Full-time students may receive financial aid for a maximum of six years (12 semesters) of full-time awards. Half-time students are eligible for a maximum of 12 years (24 semesters) of half-time awards. Some federal and state awards may have a lower maximum number of years for both full-time and part-time enrollment. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.