To be certified for graduation, students must:
- Fulfill all departmental and academic course requirements for graduation in his/her major as outlined in the College for Creative Studies catalog. Students have the option of electing the requirements listed in the catalog that was in effect at the time of their most recent admission to the college or those in the catalog that is in effect at the time of their final course completion.
- Receive departmental permission to graduate based on a final review and exhibition of their work, unless waived by the department. Departmental permission to graduate is good for one year. Students who fail to complete their degree requirements within one year of being approved to graduate must be re-approved and have their portfolio re-reviewed prior to receiving their degree.
- Undergraduate students must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (C). Graduate students must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B)
- Have all official transcripts from other schools on file in the Academic Advising and Registration Office no later than the last day of the drop/add period of the semester that graduation is to occur.
- Be enrolled at the College for Creative Studies at the time that their degree is awarded.
- File an Application for Graduation with the Academic Advising and Registration Office no later than the end of the fourth week of the semester in which they anticipate graduating. Early applications are appreciated.
A commencement ceremony takes place in the spring and fall semesters. Students who have applied for graduation and have completed all their requirements for graduation within the year preceding this event are invited to participate.