College for Creative Studies recognizes the importance of providing our students with real-world experiences and enhanced training to prepare them to become industry leaders. Sponsored research projects enable students to learn how to collaborate and create design solutions in a learning laboratory that mirrors the contemporary work environment. CCS provides a world-class education that prepares students to become world-class designers and leaders.
By the same token, companies realize that design plays an increasingly crucial role in the competitiveness of their products in the global economy. To stand out in a crowded marketplace, products must either make a dramatic leap in function or stand out in some other way –and that is where design plays a crucial role. Not only are companies embracing design, but they are seeking the best and brightest designers and new pools of talent. Through a company sponsored project, the College’s students will have the opportunity to:
- Develop research based assignments with real-world parameters
- Present to and receive feedback from industry contacts
- Be mentored by a company’s design and technical staff
- Develop relationships that may lead to internship or employment opportunities
- Bolster their portfolio with well-developed projects
Through a corporate partnership with the College for Creative Studies, a company will be able to:
- Gain access to fresh, unique and innovative ideas
- Evaluate creative talent for internship and employment opportunities
- Gain recognition as patrons of art and design education
- Utilize sponsorships for public relations and marketing opportunities
- Work closely with students on viable design solutions
For more information, see the Sponsored Projects Research Manual.
Shannon McPartlon, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations